- What are ‘Linked Accounts?’
- What do I need in order to ‘Link’ a bank account to ClearScore?
- Linking and unlinking accounts
- Re-linking accounts
What are ‘Linked Accounts?’
- Not having to wait a month to see a change in your balances (like you do with a credit report).
- We’ll put your financial accounts in one place so you can track your spending at any time across accounts.
- To help you understand and improve your financial life.
- With ClearScore Connect, we now share your data with different lenders so that they can base product recommendations on your real-time data and not your report data (which can be 4-5 weeks out of date).
Instead of your bank keeping control of your data as they’ve mostly done up until now, you’ll have a choice to share it with other companies – such as other banks, lenders or financial apps - for your own benefit.
Essentially, it means that you own your data (rather than your bank) and can share it with the companies you choose to. For more information on this, see our Learn article
Please note, if you link an account through ClearScore, this information will not appear in your credit report (provided to us by Equifax).
What do I need in order to ‘Link’ a bank account to ClearScore?
- An approved bank (see a list of these )
- Bank security key/app
- Bank security questions
- Login details for your bank
Linking and unlinking accounts
- Go to .
- Under the ‘Bank accounts’ section you should see the option to ‘Link Account’.
- Select ‘Link Account’.
- Read/review the terms and consent.
- You’ll be redirected to your bank’s site, where you’ll be asked to log in as you would usually - you might be redirected to our security partner's site before this.
- Simply follow the steps to link your account and you’ll be redirected back to ClearScore when it’s all done.
- Go to ‘.
- Select ‘Manage Linked Accounts’
- Select ‘Unlink’ to the account you wish to unlink.
Re-linking accountsWe’re only permitted to retrieve your bank data for up to 90 days from the day you link your account (this is for their financial security), so you’ll be prompted to re-authenticate your bank account after 90 days.
To re-link your account, you will need to know your bank’s online login credentials. If you can’t remember your login details, you’ll have to contact your bank directly.
To continue receiving updates, you will need to re-link your bank account. If you decide not to re-link your account we will delete all the data associated with your bank provider after 9 months.