Your report is accessible only to the people you authorise to see it. This is normally part of the application process when applying for credit. Other companies and institutions can also search your credit report with permission, either as part of an identity check or for insurance quotations. These are ‘quotation' (soft) searches and therefore they will not be visible to other lenders.
Articles in this section
- What are searches?
- Who can search my report?
- Can I see who searched my report?
- How long do searches stay on my report?
- If I apply for a credit card or a loan, does the lender see the full details of my report, or only some of it?
- There’s a search on my report that I don’t recognise, what should I do?
- Why is there a search from ClearScore on my report?