If you’ve got a '?' on your dashboard, instead of a number, it could be because of the following:
- You may be new to credit- If you’ve never used credit before (i.e. a credit card, loan or mobile phone contract), credit reference agencies can’t generate a credit score for you because they don’t have enough information.
- You may not have credit accounts in your name- Credit reference agencies might not have any borrowing information to base your score on.
- Equifax (our data provider) haven’t matched you to a credit report- This is based on the details you entered during registration, which means we can’t show you your report and score.
For people who are new to credit and have no score yet, we’ve created a special ClearScore experience and it includes:
- Coaching- You'll find a Coaching plan called ‘Build’ on ClearScore. It's designed to help you build your credit report and score. By talking to our chatbot, and then completing the tasks in your personalised to-do list, you can start to build your credit history.
- Offers- In your ‘Offers’ section, you can apply for financial products specifically designed to help you build your credit. These don’t require a credit check and are a safe way to get a credit account in your name and start building your credit report and score.
- Alternative bank accounts- You can open one of these instantly without needing a credit check or a UK address. These are a good option if you’ve just arrived in the UK, are travelling or just want an easy way to manage your money.
If you do have credit history but you’re still seeing a ‘?’ on your dashboard, we’d suggest you try the following steps:
- on our homepage.
- Make sure you sign up using the personal details (name and address) that match your credit accounts. Any mismatches or misspelt names can cause us problems finding your credit report.