Here’s how long different information will stay on your report for:
- Credit agreements - Six years from when settled, written off or defaulted.
- Searches - Credit application (hard) searches will stay on your report for one year, quotation (soft) searches for two years, and debt collection searches for two years.
- Public Information - This will remain for 6 years from the issue date.
- CIFAS warning - This depends on the type of fraudulent activity. If it’s a victim of impersonation, this can remain for 13 months, or if it’s a protective registration warning, this will remain for two years.
- Electoral roll - Indefinitely.
- Notice of correction - This will remain until you ask for it to be removed.
Some data providers (such as your banks and lenders) will share your information with Equifax for slightly longer or shorter than this amount of time. When the data provider stops sharing this information with Equifax, it will stop appearing on your report.