Follow these two steps to update your address:
- Go to your 'My account’ section and select the tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘Current address’ section and select your current address.
Please bear in mind that your address will update immediately in your ‘My Account’ section, but it won’t be updated in your report until your next report is due (up to 5 weeks).
What to do if your current address isn't showing in the 'My Account' section?
Check the Royal Mail postcode finder
You can check that your exact address format is in the Royal Mail postcode finder.
1.1 If your address matches the Royal Mail finder, go to point 2 below.
1.2 If your address is different or not on the Royal Mail finder, follow the steps to raise this with Royal Mail to add or update.
1.3 If you’ve updated your address whilst applying for an offer, read more about how this might affect your offers or eligibility.
Contact your bank, lenders and the local council
All your accounts and your local council (electoral roll) need to hold the exact same current address for you.
1.1 If your updating to a new address after moving, contact your banks, lenders and the local council. Make sure they have your correct and most up to date address.
1.2 Check and make sure that your address is registered in the same format across the board.
If you have different address formats, it might not show on your report. For example, maybe you’ve registered your address as ‘Flat 2a Waverley Road’ with one lender, but as ’2A Waverley Road’ with another lender or Clearscore.
What to do if your current address isn't showing in your 'Personal details' section of your credit report?
- Once you’ve updated your address with your bank, lenders and the local council as above - it can take 5 weeks for this information to show on your report.
- If, after 5 weeks, your address still isn't showing on your report or in your 'My Account' section, please let us know.
- If you’d like to learn more about how your address impacts your score, check out this learn .