Your address is one of the most important pieces of information that we use to match your credit report data provided to us by Equifax to your ClearScore account. That’s why we do extra checks to make sure your address has been verified before it can be updated.
If you can see your address on your ClearScore report, these are the steps to take if you want to update this:
- Go to the ‘My Account’ section of your ClearScore account: https://www.clearscore.com
- Select ‘Update’ under the ‘Current address’ field
- Choose your correct residential address
- Select ‘Update’
The address will immediately update in the ‘My Account’ section, however you won’t see an updated report at the new address until your next credit report is due.
*You can only see your updated address in the drop down field if Equifax has your address on file already. Please see below if you can’t see your current address.
What if I can’t see my correct residential address in “My Account” or ClearScore report?
We really want your details to be correct on your ClearScore account. We just need to be extra careful before any changes are made. For your correct residential address to show in the “My Account” section your address must be updated with our partner Equifax. The simplest and most effective way to achieve this is to follow this process:
- Update your address details of all bank accounts by contacting your lender and ensuring the address details are in the correct format. If you have multiple lenders, make sure to check them all.
- Update your electoral roll address with your local council - FAQ article
- Update your address for all of your utility bills including water, gas, electricity, internet and mobile. It’s common to get info via email only from utility companies so don’t forget to check your physical address as well.
- Update your details with Royal Mail - FAQ article
Once Equifax picks up your credit history at this address it should automatically get added to your report. This process typically takes 6 weeks, but can be longer.
When the new address gets added, you should be able to update your address via the method described above in “My Account”.
If you have followed the process above and still can’t change your address please contact us via our '' form with some information on your recent address history.