Banks, financial institutions and lenders are companies that lend people money.
They decide whether or not to offer people credit, taking into consideration their credit score and report information. Bear in mind that each credit reference agency has their own method of calculating credit scores, so your score might differ depending on where you get it.
At ClearScore, we get your score and report from Equifax, one of the UK’s three credit reference agencies. Checking these should give you an indication of how banks and financial institutions may view you.
Examples of banks/financial institutions include:
- Banks & Building Societies
- Mortgage lenders
- Credit card providers
- Loan providers
- Utility companies (e.g. gas, electricity)
- Mobile phone contract providers
- Broadband, TV and phone line package providers
- Insurance Companies (e.g. house, car and life)